Tuesday, November 13, 2012

There's no Place Like Home

All our belongings are now safely with us! Today the shipments were delivered to the house. It was a mostly tranquil day that ended with most everyone (that is movers and me) being a little cranky.

A BIG thanks to Chaz, my friend and neighbor who lived through the same move experience just 9 months ago. She is the reason the beautiful armoire I bought for Emily is going to be lifted up the balconies and to her room on Friday! She was persistent and it definitely paid off.

By the end of the day, I was really Italian. I made the movers pasta pomodoro, and caffe. Well, in the morning i made the caffe. The afternoon coffee i burnt getting sidetracked with moving issues but luckily Kathy came to my rescue and cleaned it up for me.

The day was a little stressful but we got it done. I spent about 4 hours trying to clear a path through our bedroom and make our bed. The site of my comfy bed is just about the best thing I've seen in Italy to date!

Up early again tomorrow to pick up my Mom-in-Law who's currently flying to Rome! We are super excited for her visit.

Today I'm thankful for:

28. My friend Katia for taking the kids overnight for me

29. A smooth move

30. My BED! I'm pausing as I type to do bed angels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment